Debugging & Development
The Icinga documentation provides all insights and requirements for contributing your own patches, and to debug Icinga in case of problems.
Please follow the development chapter in the docs. It covers the following interesting topics:
- Troubleshoot Icinga with a debugger
- Send coredumps to developers
- Learn how Icinga is built
- Discover the code concepts
- Create your development environment on Linux, Windows and macOS
- Build packages
Architecture and design concepts are documented in this chapter. This helps with analysis on specific problems e.g. check scheduling or HA enabled clusters.