Rookie in incinga

No Problem, please dont hestitate to ask should you have any more questions.

On a side note. I vaguely remember a post by Roland Sommer @rsx where he details the proper order of executing the node wizard and running the director wizard. I wil post it here if I find it agian.

Okey thank you so much

Hello good morning, I was reading the post you gave me, now when I do the wizard in the director of icinga I get this error.

This shows up after running the node wizard on your icinga instance and then attempting to run the director wizard from the web interface? It looks like your inputs for the director wizard are either faulty or the connection is somehow block (which I doubt).
Can you share your inputs?

Exactly what would the inputs be? The ports?

grafik

You can also try with the api root. There is a very brief article on it on the icinga website.

I the api user am using root

The other input is correct?

what input exactly?

aaaaa

the a’s are because it told me the post was empty

My bad, I mean the data you hand over to the director kickstart wizard. As shown in my previous post.

I understood the aaa as a scream for help, which is understandable considering icinga2’s fairly complicated set up process.

JAJAJAJA the truth is that icinga is difficult yes
Look at these are the options that I am putting

I see, under “Icinga Host” you need to enter the IP address of your icinga instance or just simply “localhost”

Oh, I didn’t notice how silly.
I changed it, this error came out.

Right, now the wizard complains about not finding the endpoint. Did you run the “node wizard” yet? You can also check your endpoint and zone config at /etc/icinga2/zones.conf. Can you share that file content? Be sure to black out sensible content.

I launched the assistant that happened to me on Friday.
https://icinga.com/docs/icinga-2/latest/doc/06-distributed-monitoring/#master-setup

For reference, this is how the config on my test system looks like
grafik
The NodeName is resolved in /etc/icinga2/constants.conf
You could also just run the node wizard agian

I have a question because maybe I’m getting confused there, I’m supposed to be the master on the main server and the node in this case would be a client or what node would mean in this case

The node in this case is (on) the master itself. I personally use the hostname of the server/vm at the node name.

In this example my test instance is called “testcinga” as thats the hostname