Thanks for considering to write a howto/guide and share your knowledge
Where to start
Discourse provides the possibility to create topics as wiki entry. These can be edited by other members including a revision history.
Just create a new topic in here. If you want to edit an existing wiki entry, you’ll recognize the
Edit button in the lower right corner
- Add the original author/maintainer
- Add a short revision version e.g.
- Tested with specific versions
- Use Markdown only (and some HTML if needed)
- English only
> Author: @mfriedrich > > Revision: v0.1 > > Tested with: > - Icinga 2 v2.8.x > - Icinga Web 2 v2.5.x
Howtos should provide structured headings (just like this topic). Could look like this:
# Introduction # Requirements ## Linux ## Windows # Installation ## Webserver # Configuration # Conclusion # FAQ
Make sure to format code blocks, installation commands, logs with code tags in Markdown.
URLs, images, headings, bold, italic, etc. also enhance readability.
Discourse renders Markdown in your browser as you type.
Ask other community members to review your howto.
If you find any howto which is outdated, do the following:
- If it is just a typo, edit and fix it.
- If you want to propose a (breaking) change, reply to the topic and discuss it with the original author.
- If it is outdated and there is no reply within a month, edit it and mark it as outdated (with a gentle emoji)
If you have a different question or problem with using the howto, please create a new topic with a link to the howto.