Feedback Week Thread!

Be our guest - would you want to write a guest post on our blog?
:arrow_forward: https://icinga.com/blog/

• Yes, please
  • No, thank you

0 voters

Feel free to reach out to us via https://icinga.com/contact/ if you would like to make a submission! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Have you ever been to an Icinga event or a Meetup? And would you like to at some point?

• Yes, I have
  • No, but I want to
  • No, thanks

0 voters

Have you ever watched a video from our YouTube channel? And would you like to see more video content?

• Yes, give me more
  • Yes, recaps are cool
  • No videos, thanks
  • Didn’t know about it

0 voters

Have you ever been to an Icinga workshop or training?

• Yes, workshop
  • Yes, training
  • Both
  • No, none of the above

0 voters

Dear community,

along with today‘s topic, we thought it might be a good time to share the news.
Our next event “Icinga Insights” will also be all about sharing our knowledge!

We would like to give you some more insight into our processes, plans, products and progress!

If you joined our last Online Meetup, you might have experienced a few unplanned situations along the way with us - we’ll do our best to make the event go a little smoother this time!

It’s going to be similar to it though, as there will be talks from the Icinga team and partners and you will also have the chance to ask your own questions at a live Q&A again- in our traditional Icinga manner, we’re making every effort to give you the best possible experience ever!

Icinga Insights will take place in two weeks, the 2nd of December 2020 from 15:00 until roughly 18:00 (CEST)!

Interested? Great! We’re happy to have you with us - save your spot now!

We’re looking forward for Day 4 of the Icinga Feedback Week tomorrow! :slight_smile:

What do you look at the most in the Icinga Web?
=> i mostly use it to check if everything is running fine right after i deploy something, i mostly check at the services/hosts if they have proper variables sets and if they are running on the good poller, i also love the check now feature.

1 Like

Dear Icinga Community,

we’re overwhelmed by the comments and the votes you’re leaving. Thank you so much for having the interest to make Icinga the best version of itself!

We’re taking every feedback (whether it’s a vote or your personal feedback in the comments) into consideration, because it is very important to us that you are being heard.

So, today is day 4 of the Icinga Feedback Week with the topic „Code Contributor“.
We’re slowly coming to the end (tomorrow on Day 5, we’ll shoot out the last set of questions). Make sure to vote and/or leave your feedback as a comment. Polls are usually open for 2 days, after that we can not count your vote anymore.

Happy voting everyone! :blush:

1 Like

Have you ever contributed?

• Yes to the codebase
  • Yes to the documentation
  • No
  • Other (Leave a comment!)

0 voters

Have you ever reported an issue? Was it easy?

• Yes - easy peasy
  • Yes - but could be easier
  • It was complicated
  • Never done it

0 voters

Hi,

Will there be a recap in the blog of what was discussed, presented/shown? I am highly likely busy at this time, but I also like to know what discussed. :slight_smile:

Best regards
Michael

3 Likes

If you have an idea for a new feature, would you know how get it started?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hey!
Yes, we’re going to record the entire event and have it posted on youtube and summarised in a blogpost as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But seriously, I wonder how representative such a survey is, if less than 20 people vote

Hi Stevie!
We actually have these surveys going on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn as well and we get roughly 60 answers on average per question :slight_smile:
It’s not anything to make fixed decisions with or base any scientific research on of course - but it helps us get a feeling and develop an intuition.
Does this make sense?

3 Likes

Do you know of our icingaweb2-module-training?

• Yes, it is very helpful
  • No, what can I do with it?

0 voters

yes, just thought out loud. :wink:

How’s the communication on GitHub?

• Super helpful
  • I get what I need
  • Confusing
  • I don’t know

0 voters

Have you ever contributed?
=> I have only contributed to icinga here on forums, supporting by sharing bits of experience, knowledge and sometime help answering questions.

4 Likes

Hi folks,

today is the last day of the Icinga Feedback Week!

Not only is it the last day for you to vote, you can also choose your third Community Hero!
We are looking for the Social Communicator - someone who you think talks most about Icinga, shares the most Icinga content and who is the most active person, when it comes to Icinga.

We hear you, so this time it is an open question meaning you’ve got all options to pick from!
We’re so curious who you’ll go for!
You’ll be able to vote again soon – we’re counting on you! All three chosen Community Heroes will be announced next week.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback with us – you’re amazing!

Happy last day of voting!