Greetings. Relatively new Icinga2 user here having trouble with notifications that a dependency should squelch.
My Icinga2 setup monitors systems at two locations, BigTown and LittleTown. The Icinga2 system is in BigTown.
LittleTown network connectivity is a little flaky, and I’d like to be notified only when Icinga2 can’t see the LittleTown router, not all the systems behind it.
Problem is, I’m getting notifications for all the LittleTown systems, not just the remote router, when LittleTown connectivity goes out.
What’s wrong in this setup? Thanks in advance! (Note: All the Host names are really FQDNs; I’ve shortened them here to get around the 2-link rule for new-user posts.)
#BigTown router
object Host “BigTownRouter” {
import “generic-host”
address = “172.31.0.1”
notes = “BigTown”
vars.os = "OpenBSD"
vars.notification["mail"] = {
groups = [ "icingaadmins" ]
}
}
LittleTown router
object Host “LittleTownRouter” {
import “generic-host”
address = “172.31.1.1”
notes = “LittleTown”
vars.os = "OpenBSD"
vars.notification["mail"] = {
groups = [ "icingaadmins" ]
}
}
#LittleTown host
object Host “ap11” {
import “generic-host”
address = “172.31.1.11”
notes = “LittleTown”
vars.notification["mail"] = {
groups = [ "icingaadmins" ]
}
}
make LittleTown hosts children of LittleTown router
apply Dependency “LittleTown” to Host {
parent_host_name = “LittleTownRouter”
disable_checks = true
disable_notifications = true
assign where host.notes == “LittleTown” && host.name !=
“LittleTownRouter”
}
There are lots more hosts in LittleTown, and they all send notifications whenever the LittleTown link goes down.
What’s wrong here, and how can I get notifications for only the LittleTown router?
Thanks again!
