Zones and endpoint dependencies

Hello,
I’ve got an installation set up with a master and a few endopoints in individual zones at remote locations. Everything seems to work correctly except that
I noted that when the master cannot communicate with an endpoint, the host and services don’t change state on the master, the checks show next check in negative numbers as expected.

Does setting the dependency of the endpoint on a host checked from the master make this work and checks continue to be done on the endpoint even when it does not have connectivity and the master marks objects in the zone as unknown?

Also, I am not sure what to make of this line from the Distributed Monitoring documentation on host configuration:
“zone = “master” //optional trick: sync the required host object to the satellite, but enforce the “master” zone to execute the check”

• icinga2 - The Icinga 2 network monitoring daemon (version: 2.13.2-1)

• System information:
    Platform: Rocky Linux
    Platform version: 8.8 (Green Obsidian)
    Kernel: Linux
    Kernel version: 4.18.0-477.15.1.el8_8.x86_64
    Architecture: x86_64

• Disabled features: command compatlog debuglog elasticsearch gelf graphite icingadb influxdb influxdb2 livestatus opentsdb perfdata statusdata syslog

The behavior depends on the configuration mode:

There are two different behaviors with check execution:

• Send a command execution event remotely: The scheduler still runs on the parent node.
  • Sync the host/service objects directly to the child node: Checks are executed locally.