X509 mail notification

Hello,

I´ve installed the x509 module. My goal is to receive an email when a certificate is issued.
But only from the networks that are automatically scanned, so that we do not have to set up each individual server with a certificate query.
How do i do this? I have already a Postfix Server and the Icinga Director which can send already Mails.

Information:
It is a Centos 7.

Sorry for reviving a very old thread, but I can’t see that this was ever resolved?

I’m looking to achieve the same, I know I can work around it using host checks to generate notifications but we have multiple certs on the same host and it gets really messy having them appear as different ‘checks’ - I’d rather be able to have an alert based on a simple metric such as when any entry in /icingaweb2/x509/usage is < 30 days to expiry, show an alert in the main Problems or Overview and generate an alert to the usual notification channels

At least, you’ve used the search function :joy:

Have you taken a look at the documentation? Specifically this section.

Yes, although unless I’m missing something (we don’t use Director) that didn’t answer the question.

I can add that as a host/service check, but it doesn’t achieve what I want to just alert on all certificates (rather than on a per host basis) as the check command requires a host.

Ah, I thought you’re talking about different host checks being messy, not different checks per certificate.

Then there’s no check for this. You could write your own of course, the views are exportable to CSV and JSON. If you know PHP, we’d also welcome a PR that adds this to the module.

1 Like