What's the easiest way of running an Icinga2 + Icinga2web instance for developement?

Hi, quick and easy question, maybe other people already had to solve this issue in the past when developing some useful addons, plugins etc. for Icinga :slight_smile:

How can I get a normal Icinga2 and Icingaweb2 instance running on my local notebook most easily?
Icingaweb2 would be a plus but is not as needed, since I am mainly looking for API access to the master without having to emulate everything and see if it works afterwards.

Cheers
Daniel

Hi, quick and easy question, maybe other people already had to solve this
issue in the past when developing some useful addons, plugins etc. for
Icinga :slight_smile:

How can I get a normal Icinga2 and Icingaweb2 instance running on my local
notebook most easily?

I really don’t understand this question.

Install icinga2 (and icingaweb2 if you want) on the machine just as you would
on any other machine.

Icingaweb2 would be a plus but is not as needed, since I am mainly looking
for API access to the master without having to emulate everything and see if
it works afterwards.

There’s nothing special about installing Icinga2 on a laptop compared to
anything else.

If I’ve misunderstood and that doesn’t answer your question, please tell us
what you’re trying to do and what problem/s you run into.

Antony.

Turns out it was a bit late for me yesterday. I mixed up the needed effort to install Icingaweb2 with the effort to install Icinga2, basically. Since I am running different applications using database configurations, ports etc., installing Icingaweb2 locally would not have been the best option. Anyways, I just installed Icinga2 now and am fine for now. Sorry for this rather silly question. :smiley:

If you want the quickest way to install icinga2 + icingaweb2 for quick development of modules or other extensions. I would suggest to use the prepared vagrant boxes we use for demo purposes.

I hope you find them as useful as we do.

Regards

David

2 Likes

I finally find the time to try this out, and it turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much, once again!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.