Virtualisation (VMWARE) Installation

Hi All,

Been trying to install the vmware module to our Icinga box but haven’t had much luck.

Followed this guide https://icinga.com/docs/vsphere/latest/doc/01-Installation/ but if i try to open Virtualisation on the web UI I’m met with…

Fatal error : Uncaught ErrorException: Uncaught ErrorException: Creating default object from empty value in /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/ActionController.php:127 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/ActionController.php(127): Icinga\Application\ApplicationBootstrap->Icinga\Application{closure}(2, ‘Creating defaul…’, ‘/usr/share/php/…’, 127, Array) #1 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/Dispatcher.php(59): Icinga\Web\Controller\ActionController->__construct(Object(Icinga\Web\Request), Object(Icinga\Web\Response), Array) #2 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Front.php(937): Icinga\Web\Controller\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Icinga\Web\Request), Object(Icinga\Web\Response)) #3 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/Web.php(300): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch(Object(Icinga\Web\Request), Object(Icinga\Web\Response)) #4 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/webrouter.php(104): Icinga\Application\Web->dispatch() #5 /usr/share/icingaweb2/public/index.php(4): require_once(’/usr/share/php/…’ in /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Plugin/Broker.php on line 259

Plase can anyone help me work out whats gone wrong during the installation?

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the Icinga community!

Which module version are you using? Always make sure to use a release instead of the git master, as the master might be unstable due to ongoing development.

Nicolai

1 Like

Have you met all the requirements for the installation?
Respect the versions listed in the requirements for the modules and don’t use the master branch!

Also be sure to have the correct php libs installed for your distribution (which is it?) and php version.

If you follow the installation instructions step by step the module will definitely work! It is running well on four setups with Ubuntu 18.04 and CentOS 7 for me.

2 Likes

I didnt have the latest vers of director installed, always read adn re-read the pre reqs!