(/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_disk_smb) plugin file

hello,
I’m currently using the Debian10 OS in VMware Virtual, and there was an error while learning the disk_smb monitoring configuration. I need your help.

Error content : execpe (/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_disk_smb) failed: no such file or directory)

How do I create this file?

Do you have the plugins installed? What is there under /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/*

I’ve never installed a plugin. But there are many check_* files, no check_disk_smb files.

Obviously you need the plugin :slight_smile: find from internet compile / copy it

I’ve tried browsing on the internet, but it doesn’t seem to have a plugin file. Did you know the something like plugin configuration guide?

Well…

Searching on the web shows you that check_disk_smb is part of the monitoring-plugins package

So either download the tar and extract it to the folder or (even better) install the monitoring-plugins package with your package manager

You just need to install the debian package monitoring-plugins-standard.

1 Like

Thank you, sir! I fix that, but disk_smb monitoring critical message > ‘access denied’
Do I need to check the smb configuration? or need to check monitoring configuration?

I’ve not been using this plugin so far, hence, I don’t have really an advice. In general access denied points to wrong credentials.

1 Like

okay, Thank you so much, Sir :slight_smile: