Update to Director 1.6.2 (from 1.4.9?) gives "Base table or view not found" error

Hi,
I tried to update my master director install (july2018) tot the 1.6.2 version. Just installed the files in the director map… Then i got in the webgui the following error:

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘director.icinga_timeperiod_include’ doesn’t exist, query was: SELECT ro.* FROM icinga_timeperiod_include AS r INNER JOIN icinga_timeperiod AS ro ON r.include_id = ro.id WHERE (r.timeperiod_id = 1) ORDER BY ro.object_name ASC (Pdo.php:225)

Looks like the database connection or something like that is failing? Anyone an idea? Put the old version back in place now, so it’s working now, but i would like the update!

Environment: Ubuntu 18.04.2, MySQL backend.

Hi,

did you run the database migration CLI command already?

Cheers,
Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply…
I am not aware of the CLI migration command, the upgrade guide does not mention it. However, i also did not get the prompt to apply the pending database migration…

I guess the schema is to be found in de schema folder, but i am don’t know how to use it…

Hi,

ah, yes, the web interface detects that as well, true. The manual CLI command is icingacli director migration run --verbose.

It automatically detects the database schema version and applies the necessary SQL files.

Cheers,
Michael

2 Likes

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. The CLI command worked perfect!
However, as stated earlier: The web interface did not detect it, while it should! i can’t reproduce it now as i did the update manaully… I will keep an eye for it on future update(s)!

Thanks again!

Hi,

okidoki - if you encounter it again, don’t hesitate to create an issue on GitHub then, including the versions before/now, etc. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Michael

1 Like