Unable to create group "Administrators"

I am trying to set up icingaweb2. I have followed the official documentation and I am going through the web wizard. I get to the last step and when I click finish it fails and this is the error i receive:
Unable to create user group “Administrators”. An error occured:
ERROR: Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception in /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php:145 with message: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1044] Access denied for user ‘icinga2’@‘localhost’ to database ‘icinga2’

All other parts of the configuration are succesful so this is the last step I need to figure out. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I have two databases set up ‘icinga2’ and ‘icingaweb2’ and they both have icinga schema , could this cause an error?

Hello @hza2331, as stated in the error message, the icinga2 user has no access to your ``icinga2’’ database. If you execute the following command, it should work.

GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, DROP, CREATE VIEW, INDEX, EXECUTE ON icinga2.* TO 'icinga2'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'icinga2UserPassword'; 

Best,
Yonas

Thank you for your reply. I ran the command as you suggested but now I’m getting a different error:
Unable to create user group “Administrators”. An error occured:
ERROR: Zend_Db_Statement_Exception in /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:225 with message: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘icingaweb2.icingaweb_group’ doesn’t exist, query was: SELECT COUNT(*) AS cnt FROM icingaweb_group AS g WHERE (g.name = ‘Administrators’).
Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, that sounds about right, Ideally you start over in the web interface, As that should populate the database for you. But as you did just create the icinga2 user yourself you would also have to populate the icinga database yourself.

You can find more info here in the manual database setup section:

https://icinga.com/docs/icingaweb2/latest/doc/20-Advanced-Topics/#icinga-web-2-manual-database-setup

Import the database schema: mysql -D icingaweb2 < /usr/share/icingaweb2/etc/schema/mysql.schema.sql.

Be sure to checkout the other available schemas in that folder and adjust where needed for your specific database type.

Thank you!! I got it working. I appreciate your assistance.