Unable to add notification group with error invalid property "assign_filter"

Hi all,

On trying to add a new user group for Notification, getting an error

Trying to get invalid property "assign_filter" (DbObject.php:271)

The same occurs when cloning an existing group.

other additions to notifications, such as users and templates are able to be added successfully.

System Details
Director version: 1.11.0
Icinga Web 2 version and modules: 2.12.1
Icinga 2 version: 2.12
Operating System and version: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
Webserver, PHP versions: Apache 2.4, 7.4.3-4ubuntu2.19

I have tried updating the icinga_ido_db schema, however made no difference.

Any ideas what this could be?

Any help appreciated.

I’ve the same problem. It also occurs when using Director’s REST-API.

{
    "error": "Trying to get invalid property \"assign_filter\""
}

Icinga Web 2 Version 2.12.1
PHP Version 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14
icinga-php-thirdparty 0.12.1
icinga-php-library 0.13.1
director 1.11.0
director-schema-v. 187

select * from director_schema_migration order  by migration_time desc limit 1;
+----------------+---------------------+
| schema_version | migration_time      |
|            187 | 2023-12-12 10:59:42 |

I have no idea how to work around, except defining the object in icinga’s conf.d/

Update: There’s a message in the logs when trying to do this using REST-API, but I’ve no clue what it means:

Icinga\Exception\NotFoundError in /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/director/library/Director/RestApi/IcingaObjectHandler.php:95 with message: Not found    #0 
 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/director/library/Director/RestApi/RequestHandler.php(33): Icinga\Module\Director\RestApi\IcingaObjectHandler->processApiRequest()    #1
 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/director/library/Director/Web/Controller/ObjectController.php(93): Icinga\Module\Director\RestApi\RequestHandler->dispatch()    #2
 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/director/library/Director/Web/Controller/ObjectController.php(71): Icinga\Module\Director\Web\Controller\ObjectController->initializeRestApi()    #3
 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/director/application/controllers/NotificationController.php(21): Icinga\Module\Director\Web\Controller\ObjectController->init()    #4
 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/ActionController.php(181): Icinga\Module\Director\Controllers\NotificationController->init()    #5
 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/Dispatcher.php(59): Icinga\Web\Controller\ActionController->__construct()    #6
 /usr/share/icinga-php/vendor/vendor/shardj/zf1-future/library/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Icinga\Web\Controller\Dispatcher->dispatch()    #7
 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/Web.php(294): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()    #8
 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/webrouter.php(105): Icinga\Application\Web->dispatch()    #9
 /usr/share/icingaweb2/public/index.php(4): require_once(String)    #1
0 {main}

I visited github and found a solution. This is a known bug and will be fixed in 1.11.1

Here’s the commit: Github: Commit fixing the issue
Here’s the bug report: Issue 2784