TypeError - MarkdownLine::__construct() must be of the type string, null given

Hi,

We’re running icingaweb2 with icingadbweb.

Currently our Problems → Service Problems dashboard is throwing the following error:
The panel URL to fetch the data is:

icingadb/services?service.state.is_problem=y&sort=service.state.last_state_change desc

Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Icinga\Module\Icingadb\Widget\MarkdownLine::__construct() must be of the type string, null given, called in /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/icingadb/library/Icingadb/Widget/ItemList/BaseCommentListItem.php on line 40 and defined in /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/icingadb/library/Icingadb/Widget/MarkdownLine.php:22
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/icingadb/library/Icingadb/Widget/ItemList/BaseCommentListItem.php(40): Icinga\Module\Icingadb\Widget\MarkdownLine->__construct(NULL)
#1 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/icingadb/library/Icingadb/Common/BaseListItem.php(73): Icinga\Module\Icingadb\Widget\ItemList\BaseCommentListItem->assembleCaption(Object(ipl\Html\HtmlElement))
#2 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/icingadb/library/Icingadb/Common/ListItemCommonLayout.php(23): Icinga\Module\Icingadb\Common\BaseListItem->createCaption()
#3 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/icingadb/library/Icingadb/Common/BaseListItem.php(91): Icinga\Module\Icingadb\Widget\ItemList\CommentListIte

A similar URL we use for service problems works however:
icingadb/services?service.state.is_problem=y&view=minimal&sort=service.state.last_state_change desc

Note the view=minimal difference. So It seems some data in IcingaDB might be corrupted, preventing the view from rendering in detailed mode? But how do we figure our which record is problematic?

I’ve enabled show_stacktraces = 1 in config, and logging to debug. But it doesn’t log more than the already shown stacktrace.

Icinga Web 2 Version 2.11.1
Git commit eecf8d9934cbf30ec063cea4a525b26bfd2bf99a
PHP Version 7.3.29

Loaded Libraries

icinga/icinga-php-thirdparty 0.11.0
icinga/icinga-php-library 0.9.1

Loaded Modules

icingadb 1.0.0

Operating System

Centos 7

I think it was related to an alert that is now closed. I cannot reproduce it anymore.

Thanks anyway, won’t happen anymore in the next update.

1 Like

Oh sweet, you already spotted the issue somewhere else?

No, the stack trace you posted was all I needed to locate it :wink:

1 Like