Tactical Overview without soft states?

I’ve had no problems setting filters for Dashlets so that they’re excluding services in soft state. No problems with external clients like Nagstamon either.

But my manager wants to use the Tactical Overview, which is a really nice visual representation. But I cannot for the life of me find how to set/filter it to exclude services in soft state. I think I’ve read in some old release notes that it should be possible.

Anyone know if this is possible? Interested in a solution even if it means patching my installation.

Our setup:
Name : icinga2
Arch : x86_64
Version : 2.10.4
Release : 1.el7.icinga
From repo : icinga-stable-release

Name : icingaweb2
Arch : noarch
Version : 2.6.3
Release : 1.el7.icinga
From repo : icinga-stable-release

Nope that’s not possible at the moment. Generally filtering the tactical overview is possible, though not by hard- or soft-state.

However, you’re welcome to create an appropriate feature request over at Github :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for such a swift answer! Guess I can stop pulling my hair now. :wink:

I’ll just inform my manager that he should keep an eye on the Dashlets I’ve prepared for him since the Tactical Overview doesn’t work the way he thinks it should. Still a really nice visual representation according to me.

I’ll put “write a well-formed feature request” on my todo-list. Juggling way too many issues at the moment.

Hey, perhaps this proposal would fix your problem: https://github.com/Icinga/icingaweb2/issues/4160 ? If so them please upvote. :slight_smile: