SIP Calls Monitoring

Hello, I have been using icinga for a while, but our setup is only limited to simple pings, so I consider myself a noobie. I am trying to enhance the use of icinga2 to monitor sip services. I have downloaded a script that generates a sip call through our system and checks for the call to establish. The issue that I am having is that the setup on icinga2 works fine IF I force check the service using the “Check Now” or “Reschedule” feature. But seems like icinga2 is not checking the service by itsleft on the scheduled time. It is reporting that the “Check result is late” with the red icon. I have a feeling that I am missing something simple that needs to be enabled. This is the debug log entry for the sip service.
[2021-07-02 10:21:04 -0400] debug/CheckerComponent: Checks for checkable ‘voipng1-averistar!sip’ are disabled. Rescheduling check.
[2021-07-02 10:21:04 -0400] debug/Checkable: Update checkable ‘MYHOSTNAME!sip’ with check interval ‘60’ from last check time at 2021-07-01 15:28:53 -0400 (1.62517e+09) to next check time at 2021-07-02 10:22:04 -0400 (1.62524e+09).

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Hi there :slight_smile:

Check the config for the service and verify that active checks are enabled.
You can post the config snippets of the service and its template if you like.

Also check the webinterface if the active checks are enabled, which would be marked by an icon near the service name.
Normally it should look something like this:

Hi,

We are looking to do the same, would you be ok with sharing your script and setup?

Coen