Service-set zone command endpoint fails - Director Upgrade 1.4 -> 1.8

Hi,
i am trying to update an old Director installation with a “bunch” of serviceset usage to a current Director version.

Now the problem is that serviceset get rendered to directorglobal and on check icinga2 complains that the hosts they apply to (in zone master or in their respective agent zone) are not child zones of director-global. Startup log of the failed rendering show:

[2022-01-19 15:51:13 +0000] critical/config: Error: Validation failed for object ‘svhe-lyncfe!SQLBrowser’ of type ‘Service’; Attribute ‘command_endpoint’: Command endpoint must be in zone ‘director-global’ or in a direct child zone thereof.

Which is in packages/director/<exportuuid>/zones.d/director-global/servicesets.conf

apply Service "SQLBrowser" {
    import "ST - Windows Service"

assign where match("*-lyncfe", host.name)
    vars.service_win_service = "SQLBrowser"
    zone = "director-global"

import DirectorOverrideTemplate
}

The host svhe-lyncfe is in zones.d/master/hosts.con

object Host "svhe-lyncfe" {
    import "HT - Windows Guest AMER"

display_name = "svhe-lyncfe"
    address = "<internalip>"
    groups = [ "HG - Lync" ]
    vars.parent_host = "<hypervisor>"
}

Which is in its own zone which is a child of master:

object Zone "svhe-lyncfe" {
    parent = "master"
    endpoints = [ "svhe-lyncfe" ]
}

So my guess is that the serviceset aka Service Apply should not be rendered to director-global but to the master zone. I could not find any way to influence this.

A quick look on the old installation shows this:

startup.log:[2022-01-19 17:06:03 +0100] warning/ApplyRule: Apply rule ‘SQLBrowser’ (in /var/lib/icinga2/api/packages/director/275fbb12-e46e-4b67-90cb-209b3199c7bf/zones.d/director-global/servicesets.conf: 970:1-970:26) for type ‘Service’ does not match anywhere!

although the Rule works in icinga2 2.13.1 and creates 2 services.

Flo