SEND_CUSTOM_SVC_NOTIFICATION does not seem to work

Hi all

I am currently rebuilding an old installation on Debian bullseye. Everything works fine so far, except that no messages are sent by mail.

On the old system where mail notifications are working it looks like this when sendeing a manual notification:

[2022-12-31 16:22:13 +0100] information/ExternalCommandListener: Executing external command: [1672500133] SEND_CUSTOM_SVC_NOTIFICATION;hostname;service;0;icingauser;Test manual Notification
[2022-12-31 16:22:13 +0100] information/Checkable: Checking for configured notifications for object ‘hostname!service’
[2022-12-31 16:22:13 +0100] information/Notification: Sending ‘Custom’ notification ‘hostname!service!service-notification’ for user ‘icingauser’
[2022-12-31 16:22:13 +0100] information/Notification: Completed sending ‘Custom’ notification ‘hostname!service!service-notification’ for checkable ‘hostname!service’ and user ‘icingauser’.

On the new one I only get this line and no mail is sent out:

[2022-12-31 16:26:03 +0100] information/ExternalCommandListener: Executing external command: [1672500363] SEND_CUSTOM_SVC_NOTIFICATION;hostname;service;0;icingauser;Test notification

I cannot figure out where the issue comes from.
All the notification, user, host, service, command etc. Configuration in the director are exactly the same as in the old installation.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?
Thanks a lot

Here are (hopefully) all informations needed about my system:

Icinga Web 2 Version 2.11.3

Loaded Modules
director master
doc 2.11.3
incubator 0.18.0
ipl v0.5.0
monitoring 2.11.3
reactbundle 0.9.0

icinga2 feature list:
Disabled features: compatlog debuglog elasticsearch gelf graphite icingadb influxdb influxdb2 livestatus opentsdb perfdata statusdata syslog
Enabled features: api checker command ido-mysql mainlog notification

apache2 -v
Server version: Apache/2.4.54 (Debian)

PHP: 7.4

with out the content of the used notification script, it is very hard to troubleshoot your issue.

The script was not made by me, this is a system message. Unfortunately I do not know what exactly is called here.

then I would recommend to get the person onto that case that does :slight_smile:

till that, look into the icinga director Notification Templates. these templates have “notifications commands”. If everything is done via director you can find these commands under commands. there you can find the os path of the notifications script.

it works now, but honestly I don’t know why.
I did a restore of the machine and deleted and recreated everything that had to do with notifications.
Now the notifications are sent.