Searching for contacts in Icinga Web 2 isn't working - not all contacts / contactgroups are displayed

After upgrading from Icinga Web 2 2.8.4 to 2.9.3 I’ve recognized that I’m unable to filter for contacts anymore.
No matter what I’m entering into the filter field, I’m always getting listed all contacts (see screenshot below).

Two ways to reproduce:

1. Go directly to “Overview” - “Contacts” and search for something non-existent
    or (more regularly used)
  2. Click on one of the “Contactgroups” on a host or service page, then click on that contact group.
    In that case I’d expect to only see the contacts that are members of this group.

Question: Am I the only one with this problem as I haven’t found an issue neither on Github nor an article here in the community forum.

Can anyone confirm this bug? If so I’d create an issue on Github.

Thanks in advance.

• Icinga Web 2 version: 2.9.3
  • Used modules and their versions (System - About): businessprocess, cube, fileshipper, grafana, x509, …
  • Web browser used: MS Edge / Google Chrome
  • Icinga 2 version used (icinga2 --version): 2.13.1
  • PHP version used (php --version): 7.3.29 (PHP-FPM)
  • Server operating system and version: CentOS 7.9

I’ve created an issue on Github for this. See: Searching for contacts in Icinga Web 2 isn't working after upgrade from 2.8.4 to 2.9.3 · Issue #4560 · Icinga/icingaweb2 · GitHub

Maybe the mentioned problem isn’t in relation to the upgrade mentioned above!
I have done further research on this and found that not only the filter for contacts isn’t working for me.

Current State
Contacts
There are only 62 out of 104 contacts listed in “Overview” - “Contacts”.
The number of items seems to be correctly calculated, as the page count on top varies when the number of items per page is modified.

Contact Groups
There are only 51 out of 95 contact groups listed in “Overview” - “Contactgroups”.
The number of items seems to be correctly calculated, as the page count on top varies when the number of items per page is modified.

Things I’ve looked at
Contacts

1. I’ve checked for special characters and removed one user entry with beginning underline character and one with an accent mark in a display name but nothing changed.
  2. In users.conf created by Icinga Director all 104 user objects are present
  3. Calling "icinga2 object list --type User" is showing all 104 User objects

Contact Groups

1. I’ve checked for special characters and removed one usergroup entry with beginning underline character but nothing changed.
  2. In usergroups.conf created by Icinga Director all 95 usergroup objects are present
  3. Calling "icinga2 object list --type UserGroup" is showing all 95 UserGroup objects

Note

• The users were created via Icinga Director.

Questions

• Are there any limitations for the fields “email”, “display_name”, “object_name” (lenght, special characters, etc.)?
  • What else can I check?

I’ve found the following issue: Contacts from Director are only visible for administrators · Issue #3089 · Icinga/icingaweb2 · GitHub
This one led me to test the behavior with the “build in” / “local” Icinga Web 2 administrative account.
With this user all Contacts and Contactgroups are displayed.
My regular user is in role “Administrators” via an AD group membership.
The role “Administrators” was set to “Administrative Access” = “Yes” but “Unrestricted Access” = “No”.
After also setting “Unrestricted Access” = “Yes” I can now see all contacts with my regular admin user.
So I’m setting this one as closed.