Removing endpoints from Icinga2

My organization’s icinga2 implementation consists of two masters and two satellites. I’ve been tasked with removing endpoints that we no longer need monitored. Is this just a matter of deleting the endpoints from the config files on the master, or do these endpoints need to be deleted from their satellites? Or both?

When I deleted a few endpoints from one satellite, these endpoints were still showing up on the icinga2 web interface. However, some of these endpoints don’t show up in any config files on the masters. I’m not sure how to proceed.

All servers are running the same Icinga Web 2 version: 2.9.5
All servers running CentOS 7, kernel version 3.10.0

Delete it from master, your config is most likely top to bottom synced, that means satelite/agents sync with master settings. Delete enpoints from master config, they should dissapear from icinga. Remember to remove hosts/checks that points deleted endpoints.

As I stated above, I’ve looked for the host config files in the masters, but they only exist on the satellites. When I tried deleting them from the satellites, I still see them being monitored.

I’ve figured out the solution to my problem. mysql needs to be restarted for these changes to be reflected on the web interface.