Processing monitor scipt results

I am in the process of setting up a Proof of Concept system for Icinga. Our current moniotring tool has the ability to take all of the returned values for a given check and basically do anything you want with them using an internal script engine. With this, we have created, among otherthings, a simplicist event correlation, a mechanism to reduce the severits of events until a specific numebr of repitions occurs, change the affected service based on the content of the message, and so forth. Is there any mechanism in Icinga what allows us to process the message before they reach the respective service?

Is there any mechanism in Icinga what allows us to process the message before they reach the respective service?

Icinga => No

But you maybe could use your check engine in a service wrapper script, use icinga api to change services and so on

Thank you for your quick reply. I think I understand what you are saying. I just unsure of exactly where to place the wrapper. Would I have an extra wrapper script for each plugin in, for example wrapper_check_http, wrapper_check_smtp, wrapper_check_disk, and so on?

that depends on your programming skills if you are able to create something generic

but if you want to have dependencies between checks to create an overall result please look into the business process module

While rereading your post I think that’s the best way to get the desired result without messing with icinga2

1 Like

I’m not great, but I can program C, bash, perl, php, rexx, and could fight my way though C++ and Java.

The business process module looks very exciting. I was not aware of it. Thanks!

I’m having trouble downloading the business process module. I’m missing MODULE_VERSION and MODULE_AUTHOR. The latest version seems to be v2.4.9 but I cannot figure ouit who the author is. I would appreciate any help.

The author is “Icinga”. Ugh!

https://github.com/icinga/icingaweb2-module-businessprocess

The link is a bit hidden besides the search

1 Like

If I could only read. :crazy_face:
Thanks!