Plugin for Monitoring IDRAC

Hello everybody,

Does anyone happen to know a plugin to monitor a Dell R940 server via the “idrac” interface

Thank you for your help

I recently used this plugin:

Works good, but you have to make a small edit:
Line 697 in the script should be replaced with
perf_data = ' | \'%s\'=%s;;;%s;%s' \ so that the perfdata labels containing spaces are processed correctly.

Don`t know if there are any IDRAC differences on the server side, I used it to monitor a PowerEdge R730. First time I monitored some Dell stuff :wink:

There is an official Nagios plugin developed by Dell EMC for monitoring servers using iDRAC. It currently supports SNMP v1/v2c, WS-MAN and Redfish REST interfaces. I haven’t tried it myself with Icinga2, but could be useful:
https://www.dell.com/support/article/sln311076/dell-emc-openmanage-plug-in-for-nagios-core

1 Like

Perhaps it is helpful to know that the use of IPMI via the IDRAC interface might be a possibility here. If you have the possibility to activate and use it, you can search for corresponding plugins.

Hey log1c!

I also want to use this plugin, but it don’t work. When i execute it, i get only some errors with “cannot adopt OID in Mib”.
The MIB-File is in the default MIB-directory, I testet it also with the exact path of the MIB-File.

Is something else to do for this plugin? Hope you can help me.
Greetings.

Not that I remember.
I just put the provided mib file into /usr/share/snmp/mibs and then played around with the check into I got something out of it.
An example:
'/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_idrac_2.py' '-p' '--temp-crit' '10,28' '--temp-warn' '15,25' '-H' 'ipaddress' '-c' 'snmpcommunity' '-v' '2c' '-w' 'SENSOR#1'

I’ve executed now your example and just get erros from unlinked and no addopted OIDs…

In this screen is something about a “IDRAC-MIB-SMIv2”-file, but the prodivded MIB-file is named “idrac-smiv2.mib”.

But my file from Github is a “.2rc4” and no “.py” file… do we have the same plugin? I’ve downloaded it from your link above.
My MIB-file is located in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/idrac-smiv2.mib.

If I remember correctly I just renamed the file.
Do you have other mib-files inside the folder?
If not install the snmp-mibs-downloader package

Thank you very much, this was my problem.
After adding the non-free repository and installing the “snmp-mibs-downloader” it worked.

If someone other needs help, here a tutorial I found (on german) https://blog.emeidi.com/2016/08/31/mibs-unter-debian-installieren/