PDF export not working

Hi Guys,
just realised today, that pdf export is not working.
When I export, I get:
**Fatal error** : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function Dompdf\mb_internal_encoding() in /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/dompdf/src/Dompdf.php:274 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/Icinga/File/Pdf.php(85): Dompdf\Dompdf->__construct(Object(Dompdf\Options)) #1 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/ActionController.php(539): Icinga\File\Pdf->renderControllerAction(Object(Icinga\Controllers\ErrorController)) #2 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/ActionController.php(488): Icinga\Web\Controller\ActionController->sendAsPdf() #3 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Action.php(512): Icinga\Web\Controller\ActionController->postDispatch() #4 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/Dispatcher.php(76): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('errorAction') #5 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Front.php(937): Icinga\Web\Controller\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Icinga\Web\Request), Object(Icinga\Web\Response)) #6 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/Web.php(467): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch(Object(Icinga\Web in **/usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/dompdf/src/Dompdf.php** on line **274**

php -v
PHP 7.0.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 (cli) ( NTS )

ii php-dompdf 0.6.1+dfsg-2ubuntu1 all HTML to PDF converter

Icinga Web 2 Version
Git commit
fc97fc5724d226564572bf15b8fd7254cc0c833c

Thanks in advance

Fixed it.
The package php-mbstring was missing

1 Like

i too have this issue but i’ve installed php7.0-mbstring, php-dompdf, and php-mbstring to no avail. is there anything else i may be missing? or some other step needed?

icingaweb2 version 2.5.1

i solved the issue with pdf exports not working. in the /usr/share/php/Icinga/File/Pdf.php file - need to edit line 23 to set the correct path to the dompdf location.

$baseDir = __DIR__ . '/../../../icingaweb2/library/vendor/dompdf' ;