Notification problem

Hello,

I have problem with some notification.
Some host has notification working good (send message to matrix) and some for some other it doesn’t…
I searched for a while on the forum and on the log and I think I founded a way (or not …)
If I inspect 2 host, first working and second not, i see a field “paused = false” for the working one and “paused = true” for the other.

I compared several working host with several unworking and it systematic…

Any idea what is this field and how I can set it to false ?

I think, this relates to HE.
Do you intend to send notifications form every host?
I only send the notifications form the master nodes.

https://icinga.com/docs/icinga-2/latest/doc/19-technical-concepts/#high-availability-object-authority

I already read this page, i’m arrived to the same conclusion, it’s linked to HA.
But I don’t know what to do with this information :sweat_smile:
I have 2 master node, I suppose both could send notification but I don’t know which one try to. I just see “notification” information in the log of one master (so I suppose it’s this one who try to send notification)
When notification failed the log say :

[2024-06-12 13:40:42 +0200] information/Checkable: Checkable 'test.mp' has 1 notification(s). Checking filters for type 'Custom', sends will be logged.
[2024-06-12 13:40:42 +0200] information/HttpServerConnection: Request POST /v1/actions/send-custom-notification (from [::ffff:10.0.2.15]:46204), user: root, agen                                   t: GuzzleHttp/7, status: OK) took 0ms.

I re read the documentation and understand what was my problem. Notification feature was not enable on one master …

icinga2 feature enable notification
systemctl restart icinga2.service

Notification are good now !
Thanks for your help

1 Like