Node goes grey (missing) after storing but is still accessable

Hi
When adding service subprocesses everything is green and ok. Once I store them some (not all) turn Grey. If I select them the service is shown as expected. However the toplevel is now in an unknown state and i have There are 3 missing nodes: SQUID04;Squids downloading check, SQUID07;Squids downloading check, SQUID08;Squids downloading check. All are using the same check but one is green and the rest grey.

Hello Peter,

can you post the BP config file please.

Regards,
Carsten

It this what you requested?

### Business Process Config File ###
#
# Title           : Building Blocks
# Description     : To defined  processes/groupings   Ie. firewall / ngingx cluster/ proxies etc.
# Owner           : peter
# AddToMenu       : yes
# Statetype       : soft
#
###################################

DNS = ADM2012;DNS is working & ADS2012;DNS is working
display 0;DNS;DNS

Domain servers = ADM2012;Hoststatus & ADS2012;Hoststatus
display 0;Domain servers;Domain servers

Active Directory = DNS & Domain servers
display 1;Active Directory;Active Directory Gdatops
Firewall = FIREONE;Hoststatus & FIRETHREE;Hoststatus
display 1;Firewall;Firewall untangle Cluster
Mail = MAIL-LNA1;Exchange dbstatus A & MAIL-LNA1;Hoststatus & MAIL-LNA1;Mail Queue length & MAIL-LNA1;volume_c_space & MAIL-LNA1;volume_e_space & MAIL-LNA2;Hoststatus
display 1;Mail;Mail Servers MSExchange
**Proxies = ROUTER02;Hoststatus & ROUTER02;Router2 downloading check & SQUID04;Hoststatus & SQUID04;Squids downloading check & SQUID07;Hoststatus & SQUID07;Squids downloading check & SQUID08;Hoststatus & SQUID08;Squids downloading check**
**display 1;Proxies;Proxy servers adsl**

Hello,

the BP looks good for me, could it be that the download checks are named different on the squid servers then the router or do not exist at all?

Regards,
Carsten

Its all been added using the GUI so i can only add what is proposed by BP. I tried creating a sub process and adding the service check there but I did the same. The service checks have the same name as they are applied by a rule. Other services from the same hosts are fine.
Shame there is no error log!

Then it sounds like a bug to me, can only advise to open an issue over at github.

Thanks for your help with this. I have found the error. The name I used in the apply rule had a space at the end which was causing a name miss-match… you would think a trim white space would have been implemented! i renamed and hey presto !
Hope this helps someone else scratching their heads
Peter

1 Like

Hey there,
thanks for clearing up what the issue was!

Would you mind opening an issue here about the whitespace trim?
Because that sounds like something that could be improved on!

Thanks a lot!
Feu