No graphite charts shown in icingaweb2

I am currently in the evaluation phase of icinga2, icingaweb2, director, graphite, … .
Problem:
I can’t see charts in Icingaweb2. Only the message “Could not resolve host: icingaweb2” is displayed.
grafik

Situation:

Modules / Version

• Icinga2 r2.13.7-1
  • Icinga Web 2 Version 2.11.4
  • director 1.10.2
  • doc 2.11.4
  • graphite 1.2.2
  • incubator 0.20.0
  • monitoring 2.11.4
  • PHP 7.4.33
  • Firefox 111.0
  • System information:
  • Platform: Debian GNU/Linux
  • Platform version: 11 (bullseye)
  • Kernel: Linux
  • Kernel version: 5.10.0-21-amd64
  • Architecture: x86_64

Icinga2, icingaweb2 and host work and collect data and send it to Graphite. I verified this via Graphite Web. I can also view the graphite data in Grafana. So I would say everything works except for the visualization of graphite diagrams in icingaweb2.

I hope someone can give me a tip to solve my problem.

Thank you

Hi.

Just a guess:
Can icingaweb2 be resolved from the icingaweb host?
“Graphite Web URL” seems to point to this graphite-host.

Greetings

Thanks for your reply.
Now i am one step further.

I am still not seeing charts, but now i can print out debug information:

I have copy & paste the url in Firefox:

(http://debiantest.le.local/graphite/metrics/expand?query=%E2%80%9Cicinga2.debiantest.host.hostalive%E2%80%9D.perfdata.rta.value)

and no results is cumming back.
grafik

If i remove the double quotes around debiantest.host.hostalive then i receive data but no values.
grafik

I think it is a configuration problem at graphite/templates. I am using the default / original templates which were delivered by installation.

Sorry for my bad english

I could solve it by myself:
It was copy&paste mistake in the file:

/etc/icingaweb2/modules/graphite/config.ini

I have double double quoted the values of “graphite_writer_host_name_template” and “graphite_writer_service_name_template”

INCORRECT:

graphite_writer_host_name_template = ""icinga2.$host.name$.host.$host.check_command$""
graphite_writer_service_name_template = ""icinga2.$host.name$.services.$service.name$.$service.check_command$""

CORRECT:

graphite_writer_host_name_template = "icinga2.$host.name$.host.$host.check_command$"
graphite_writer_service_name_template = "icinga2.$host.name$.services.$service.name$.$service.check_command$"

Thanks for help