Need to know how to change hostname of the icinga2 server

Hello there,

Can some give me directions for changing the hostname of the icinga2 server?

Thanks & regards,
Balaji.

Hi Balaji,

Is this server a master/satellite node or a standalone host?

Hi Balaji,

if this is a master server then you have to change the hostname in the following files and generate a new certificate.

/etc/icinga2/constants.conf
/etc/icinga2/zones.conf // Needs to be changed on every server that is connected to the zone of the server.
/etc/icinga2/zones.d/zone-name/your-server.conf

Generate a new certificate:
icinga2 pki new-cert --cn server.fqdn --key /etc/icinga2/pki/server.fqdn.key --csr /etc/icinga2/pki/server.fqdn.csr --cert /etc/icinga2/pki/server.fqdn.crt
icinga2 pki sign-csr --csr /etc/icinga2/pki/server.fqdn.csr --cert /etc/icinga2/pki/server.fqdn.crt
cp /etc/icinga2/pki/server.fqdn.* /var/lib/icinga2/certs/
chown nagios: /var/lib/icinga2/certs/server.fqdn.*

Hi Liam,

It is a standalone host.

Thanks & regards,
Balaji.

Hi Martin,

Thank you, will try and update you.

Thanks & regards,
Balaji.

Hi Martin,

It did not work, could you please provide the steps for a standalone host?

Thanks & regards,
Balaji.

Hi Balaji,

I don’t think there is a difference between a standalone server and a master server for this todo.

What exactly did not work? Please provide some logs.

Best regards,
Martin

Hi Martin,

I found the certs are in /var/lib/icinga2/certs not in /etc/icinga2/pki in my icinga installation.
I used the path /var/lib/icinga2/certs and generated the certificates and it worked fine.

Thank you for the help.

-Balaji.

Hi,
Do you have the step by step procedure? I followed the procedure mentioned here and not able to start icinga service as it complains the endpoint do not exists. Did try to change the endpoint on Icinga Infra but the deployment did fail since icinga service is not running. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks…
We have Icinga master\satellite setup.