I’m not sure if I am right in this category because it can fit everywhere.
I have to masters and a whole bunch of satellites, and my masters are installed on an “old” CentOS 8 in Azure. Now I want to migrate from the CentOS Boxes to Ubuntu and I want to verify the way I want to go:
- Backup the Databases + /etc/icinga* + /usr/share/icingaweb2/* + /var/lib/icinga2* on both masters
- Install 2 new blank Ubuntu 22.04 LTS with icinga2 + icingaweb2 + modules VMs
- Remove one master from the HA
- Setup one Ubuntu and add it to the master zone, switch DNS entry
- Change icinga director Endpoint to the new installed machine
- Remove second CentOS master from the HA
- Setup second Ubuntu and join HA
- Hope that everything is fine
Did I forget some steps? Has someone done this before?
Thank you very much