Livestatus not showing all hosts and services in Thruk

In our Icinga installation we use a distributed setup. The director is installed on a central server which will deploy the configuration to the satellites.
On the Satellites we are using Thruk as an interface which collects the data from the livestatus feature of Icinga.
Now I noticed not all hosts and services are displayed in the service overview. If I lookup a host, which did not appear in the overview, I can see it correctly.

icinga2 - The Icinga 2 network monitoring daemon (version: 2.13.1-1)
System information:
Platform: CentOS Linux
Platform version: 8
Kernel: Linux
Kernel version: 4.18.0-305.12.1.el8_4.x86_64
Architecture: x86_64

Build information:
Compiler: GNU 8.4.1
Build host: runner-hh8q3bz2-project-507-concurrent-0
OpenSSL version: OpenSSL 1.1.1g FIPS 21 Apr 2020

Disabled features: command compatlog debuglog elasticsearch gelf graphite icingadb influxdb influxdb2 opentsdb syslog
Enabled features: api checker livestatus mainlog notification perfdata statusdata

1 Like

I used to write documentation for Thruk (focusing around distributed monitoring setups and live status), but it’s been a while since I last used Naemon/Thruk.

So your setup is the following?

Icinga Director (without Icinga)
                /\
     sat1, sat2, etc.. all with Icinga2/Thruk/Live Status

Is there a central Thruk instance or Icingaweb2 instance that you would expect all others to report back to, or are you adding the livestatus to each other satellite?

We are using livestatus on all satellites. Thruk is not being used in the central instance.