Icingaweb2 Zend error

Running in to a bit of issue trying to install icinga2 from the official repos etc, followed all the official guides, but i am getting the below when creating new membership for any groups. anything connected to php?

#0 [internal function]: Icinga\Application\ApplicationBootstrap->Icinga\Application{closure}()
#1 /usr/share/icinga-php/vendor/vendor/shardj/zf1-future/library/Zend/Form/Element.php(615): array_walk_recursive()
#2 /usr/share/icinga-php/vendor/vendor/shardj/zf1-future/library/Zend/Form/Element.php(1415): Zend_Form_Element->getValue()
#3 /usr/share/icinga-php/vendor/vendor/shardj/zf1-future/library/Zend/Form/Element/Multi.php(268): Zend_Form_Element->isValid()
#4 /usr/share/icinga-php/vendor/vendor/shardj/zf1-future/library/Zend/Form.php(2296): Zend_Form_Element_Multi->isValid()
#5 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Form.php(1297): Zend_Form->isValid()
#6 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Form.php(1173): Icinga\Web\Form->isValid()
#7 /usr/share/icingaweb2/application/controllers/UserController.php(259): Icinga\Web\Form->handleRequest()
#8 /usr/share/icinga-php/vendor/vendor/shardj/zf1-future/library/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Icinga\Controllers\UserController->createmembershipAction()
#9 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/Dispatcher.php(76): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch()
#10 /usr/share/icinga-php/vendor/vendor/shardj/zf1-future/library/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Icinga\Web\Controller\Dispatcher->dispatch()
#11 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/Web.php(294): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#12 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/webrouter.php(105): Icinga\Application\Web->dispatch()
#13 /usr/share/icingaweb2/public/index.php(4): require_once(String)
#14 {main}

• Icinga Web 2 version

• Used modules and their versions (System - About)
    director 1.10.2
    doc 2.12.0
    icingadb 1.1.0
    incubator 0.20.0
    migrate 2.12.0

• Web browser used
    Chrome

• Icinga 2 version used (icinga2 --version)
    icinga2 - The Icinga 2 network monitoring daemon (version: r2.14.0-1)

• PHP version used (php --version)
    PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (cli)
    With Zend OPcache v8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14

• Server operating system and version
    Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)

Hi @whizps,

Can you please write down the steps that are causing this error stack? I think the error stack is also missing the main header, which could be very helpful.

I was able to reproduce this and it is a bug. Can you please create an issue and give the steps to reproduce it with full stack trace including header header?

Hi, good to hear @sdhillon

Header is: Zend_Form_Element::_filterValue(): Argument #2 ($key) must be passed by reference, value given

Posted the issue here: Icingaweb2 Zend Issue · Issue #5132 · Icinga/icingaweb2 · GitHub

I basicly just try to add a member to a new membership in the icingaweb2 portal.

From what i think and diving in a bit, this seems like php8.1 doesn’t work, specially when you look at the functions it’s trying to do and the changes in php8.1, what do you think? But when you say it should work with 7.2 > might just be to 7.4? Or should 8.1 and 8.2 work?