Icingaweb2 v2.9.1 still requires IPL?

Hello,

I’ve recently upgraded several Icinga2 instances to Icingaweb2 v2.9.1 and have performed a few fresh installations of it.

Per the Installation Requirements:
https://icinga.com/docs/icinga-web-2/latest/doc/02-Installation/

The old icingaweb2-module-ipl (GitHub - Icinga/icingaweb2-module-ipl: DEPRECATED Use https://github.com/Icinga/ipl instead! -- Director users, please see README.md!) is not listed as a requirement and instead the icinga-php-library is installed.

However, when disabling this module I receive the following in Icingaweb

Is there something I am missing here?
Create a symlink from /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/ipl to /usr/share/icinga-php/ipl?
Update PHP to include the /usr/share/icinga-php/ipl directory?

I couldn’t find anything related to this in the installation docs.

Thanks!

Just tested v2.9.2 as well and the same error

Just for clarity, what operating system / version are you installing this on
and how are you installing it (source / package)?

Antony.

From Package on CentOS 7:
Repo being used: Index of /epel/7/release

Icingaweb2 About Page also confirms icinga-php-library & icinga-php-thirdparty are loaded:

Maybe the Configuration > Access Control option was just missed to use icinga-php-library instead of the IPL module?

Just because I see no change to the SELinux policy with the release: Is SElinux set to enforcing on the system? If yes, does the issue persist when switching to permissive? If the problem is gone when set to permissive, what context is used for /usr/share/icinga-php?

SELinux is disabled on the systems

The access control view loads all enabled modules. One of these modules that you have installed still require the ipl as a module. This may be Icinga DB Web RC1 or the Director <= 1.8.0. Disable or upgrade them and the ipl module isn’t required anymore.

1 Like

It was the icingadb module, I had to fully remove the ‘icingadb’ directory in /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/ for it. Disabling the module wasn’t enough.

Thanks for the response and help!