Icingaweb2 not rendering perfdata from check_interfaces

Hi,

I am monitoring network devices with the check_interfaces plugin. Perfdata is correctly collected and the graphite backend is drawing graphs. However, I cannot get icingaweb2 to correctly render the graphs in the WebUI. After troubleshooting this today, I’m sure I’m getting closer to the issue but am not sure how to fix it :slight_smile:

When opening the graph URL with graph_debug, the following debug message is shown:

+++ Fetched 0 metric(s) from 'http://hostname/metrics/expand?query=icinga2.qfx5100-01.services.junos-interfaces-qfx.interfaces.perfdata.%2A.value'

That URL indeed does not deliver any data. With some tinkering, I found that this URL output the exact data that I was looking for:

http://hostname/metrics/expand?query=icinga2.qfx5100-01.services.junos-interfaces-qfx.interfaces.perfdata.*.check_snmp.*.value

The first wildcard is the interface to be monitored, and the second wildcard is the monitored property (interface throughput, errors etc.). How do I get Icingaweb2 to look in the correct place? It’s probably something to do with “vars.service_name_template” in the service configuration but I can’t quite figure out how to wrangle it so it does what I want it to do.

Graphs (memory, disk, load etc) on other hosts are rendered correctly in Icingaweb2.

Any help appreciated!

Service snippet:

apply Service "junos-interfaces-qfx" {
      import "generic-service"
      check_command = "interfaces"
      vars.check_command = "interfaces" 
      vars.interfaces_regex = "(^ge-*|xe-*)"
      vars.interfaces_names = 1
      assign where host.vars.snmp_community != "" && host.vars.os == "junos" && host.vars.model == "qfx"
    }

Host snippet:

import "generic-host"
      address = "10.10.10.10"
      vars.os = "junos"
      vars.model = "qfx"
      vars.type = "network"
      vars.snmp_community = "blahfasel"
      vars.interfaces_community = "blahfasel"
    }

/etc/icingaweb2/modules/graphite/interfaces.ini (stolen and adapted from an existing template):

[interfaces-traffic.graph]
    check_command = "interfaces"

[interfaces-traffic.metrics_filters]
    bpsin = "$service_name_template$.perfdata.$interface$.check_snmp.inOctets.value"
    bpsout = "$service_name_template$.perfdata.$interface$.check_snmp.outOctets.value"
    [interfaces-traffic.urlparams]
    min = "0"
    title = "Interface $interface$"
    lineWidth = "2"
    yUnitSystem = "si"

[interfaces-traffic.functions]
    bpsin = "alias(color($metric$, '#1a7dd7'), 'Traffic in (B/s)')"
    bpsout = "alias(color($metric$, '#0b3c68'), 'Traffic out (B/s)')"

How did you manage to use this format for Graphite? The entry below the perfdata column should be a raw string, not a check command/plugin name.

Cheers,
Michael

I also have a check plugin that has the plugin name in the perfdata output and thus delivers this folder structure into graphite.

I’m not sure if I only edited the template from the graphite module, but I recently came to realize that some graphs are only display when the character set of the IDO DB resource is set to “latin1”. Maybe that will help?:man_shrugging: