Icingaweb - slow performance in host view

This issue seems to be depending on the network / DNS config in which the icinga2 machine is currently running.
All other views / menus in icingaweb respond quite fast, no matter in what network the icinga2 test machine (ubuntu 18.04 VM) is currently used.
There is no load peak during loading the host view.

I noticed, the the hosts view can take up to 2 minutes to load, but other menus load instantly.
/icingaweb2/monitoring/host/show?host=somehost.com)
Including the service overview for one host
/icingaweb2/monitoring/list/services?service_state=0&host=somehost.com
Then again, the detailed service view is as slow as the host view.
Same for custom defined service checks
/icingaweb2/monitoring/service/show?host=somehost.com&service=custom-service
or service checks that are included in icinga2
/icingaweb2/monitoring/service/show?host=somehost.com&service=http

Since the DB calls run on the same machine, addressed to localhost, which parameters in the network configuration could affect the internal queries from the icingaweb UI to the stored data ?

Hi,

have you installed modules which extend a monitored object’s detail view?

only graphite, but the problem remains when i deactivate it

Hm, is this the case for all hosts/services? Or only a few?

You can enable benchmarking in your preferences, then more details will be shown regarding I/O operations below each view. Post the output of a host and service detail view here, then we’ll maybe see what’s going on.

The problem exists for ALL hosts/services.
Allready found the problem, there was some error regarding DNS resolution in one network.
Changed the config of the modules to use 127.0.0.1 instead of the local hostname.

You can enable benchmarking in your preferences, then more details will be shown regarding I/O operations below each view.

That sounds extremely useful, where can i find this ? I couldn’t find it in the system settings or in monitoring health.
Sorry, what i found on benchmarking was not related to the IO speeds of each view.

In your user preferences, where you also configure the language, timezone and such. But these benchmarks are only useful if you know what the code is doing anyway, if not, these are just a few numbers. It’s more a debugging feature for devs like me.

So, you’ve found the solution, be glad about that and don’t mess with this. :smile: