Icingadb-web limited host search results

Hello,

there is no specific tag for icingadb-web but I have a question about this.

Are there users who only use icingadb-web with the monitoring module completely disabled !?.

I would like to run full icingadb/icingadb-web but when I do a global search to find a host , I don’t get the same result when I do this with the monitoring module.
Before I have results based on the object name, address, and the display_name fields.
Like:
object Host “redhat_host_192.168.000.001”
address = “192.168.0.1”
display_name = “myhost.be”
When i search redhat_host then it finds all hosts with redhat_host in the object name.
When i search 192.168.0. then it finds all hosts starting with 192.168.0. in the address field.
When I search myhost it finds the host based on the display_name

I have the impression that he is now looking only in the object name.
When I check the search filter for hosts , it only searches for the hostname in the ‘Host Name (CI)’.

I do think that the intention is that the icingadb-web wants to be have the same search results as in the current monitoring tool/module.

I asked the question via github icingadb-web.
(find nothing of hosts when do global searching based on display name or address · Issue #690 · Icinga/icingadb-web · GitHub)

Just wanted to know if I’m the only one with this problem or if there are other users out there who have the same experience.

System information:
Icinga2 : r2.13.6-1
Icinga Web 2 Version : 2.11.4-1.el7
IcingaDB Web : 1.0.2-1.el7
icingadb : 1.1.0-1.el7
icingadb-redis : 7.0.5-1.el7.icinga
Platform: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7.9 (Maipo)
PHP Version 7.3.33
icinga/icinga-php-thirdparty 0.11.0
icinga/icinga-php-library 0.10.1

Regards,
Geert

They solved the problem for the global searching!
It now also searches on the display_name and the ip address ipv4/6.

Now waiting for the new versions (rpm’s) of icinga/icingaweb/icingadb/icingdadb-web to be released,
test everything one last time and see that all the existing functionalities work also in icingadb,
set up migration procedure and then use icingadb (disable monitoring) in production.