Icingacli stopped work after PHP upgrade

Hello together,
I upgraded PHP version from rh-php71 to rh-php72 and after that i just removed the old version. Everything works fine exept icingacli which complained, see bellow.

icingacli: sh: /usr/bin/icingacli: /opt/rh/rh-php71/root/usr/bin/php: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I used a workaround and created symlink from /opt/rh/rh-php71/root/usr/bin/php to /opt/rh/rh-php72/root/usr/bin/php. And it works, but I would like to prefer change configuration of icingacli that use the new version directly. No symlinks. Unfortunatelly I hadn’t luck to find where it is set.

Could you help me please? Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi,

during package build, the path to the PHP CLI is passed into icingacli. If you change the requirement with exchanging a package, you also need to ensure that dependent paths are updated. That’s merely the reason why the package does not bump the version yet, since rh-php71 is still supported.

TL;DR - for now either workaround this with a symlink, modify the icingacli script header or rebuild the source rpms with the changed dependency to rh-php72.

Cheers,
Michael