Icingacli migrate navigation: There is no such module or command migrate

Documentation on Icinga DB Web states on

https://icinga.com/docs/icinga-db-web/latest/doc/10-Migration/

Host and service actions on the other hand are part of the monitoring module. For them Icinga DB Web provides their own counterparts. You don’t need to migrate them manually though. The migrate command of Icinga Web 2 (>= v2.9.4) provides an action for that:

icingacli migrate navigation [--user=<username>] [--delete]

By default this will migrate the configuration of all users and won’t delete the old ones. It can be restricted to a single user and the removal of the old configuration can be enabled as well.

However, when I try to execute

$ icingacli migrate navigation
ERROR: There is no such module or command: ‘migrate’

$ icingacli --version
Icinga Web 2 2.11.4
Git Commit 11453bfa92a70a44efbf7f966f5e7f27e9300a28
PHP Version 7.4.33
MODULE VERSION
audit 1.0.2
businessprocess 2.4.0
director master
doc 2.11.4
grafana 1.4.2
icingadb 1.0.2
incubator 0.20.0
jira 1.3.0
monitoring 2.11.4
trapdirector 1.0.7a
vspheredb 1.7.1
x509 1.1.2

I would assume as Icinga Web 2 2.11.4 > 2.9.4, that the migration command is supported.

Any hints?

Best regards

JP

@theFeu can you pass that to the DEV team also? :wink:

We are having the same issue as well when trying to migrate over icingadb…

As mentionned here: Migration - Icinga DB Web

From what I can tell, a command that is in the docs doesn’t work, right?

In this case, I would say, that it’d make more sense to open an issue on GitHub as there is an issue with the docs.

It not even doesn’t work, it doesn’t exist…

@theFeu as @jprusch said… it doesn’t exist :wink:

Hello everyone, you have to make sure that the migrate module is enabled beforehand: icingacli module enable migrate

1 Like

I just enable the module that’s fine… BUT the migrate navigation didn’t change anything, everything still pointing to the monitoring module instead of icingadb…

Or maybe we are not really understanding the purpose of migrate navigation…

All the content of the Dashboard is still pointing to the old module, not icingadb

Since the migrated NagivationItems’ names are the same as those of the monitoring module, they will not be displayed unless you delete or rename those of the monitoring module. You can test this by editing the name of a navigation item of the monitoring module.