Icinga2 Package error after Updating

Hello,

I tried to install the new Icinga update on my satellites today.
Unfortunately, I am experiencing the following problem:

Operating system: Debian10 and Debian11

Are you aware of the problem and do you have a solution suggestion how I can solve the error? Unfortunately, I have not found a solution so far.

Best regards
David

I have now tried the following

dpkg-reconfigure icinga2-bin icinga2-common

unfortunately this did not work.

Afterwards I tried with

apt remove icinga2-bin && icinga2-common 
apt autoremove

to remove the packages and
apt install icinga2-bin && icinga2-common.

Unfortunately, this did not solve my problem either.

Am I the only one who has this problem since the update :slight_smile:

Same issues with Ubuntu 22.04

Did not find a fix yet…

1 Like

Is icinga2 daemon -C reporting any problems?

Are you, by chance, stumbling into this issue?

icinga2 daemon -C need to check have restored a backup from satellite and can’t find the screenshot right now. But the message from icinga2 daemon -C ran out on this screenshot here that the two packages icinga2-common and icinga2-bin are missing.

Problem has occurred by chance. After reading in the Icinga blog that an update is available I installed it with apt-get update and apt-get upgrade.

&& will not do what you expect. It is for “chaining” commands. With && the 2nd command (after the operator) will only be executed if the first command completed without errors.

to uninstall multiple packages simply add them separated by space

apt <option> icinga2-bin icinga2-common ...

I would try removing and then installing icinga2 again.

I had this issue some time ago when upgrading from some ubuntu to another version. But (of course) I didn’t write anything down about how I fixed it.

Hi @log1c, @mindlessbeing

The blogpost addresses exactly the problem I have once I run icinga2 daemon -C after the update. I will look at the problem tomorrow in a test environment and report back.

1 Like

Ah, forgot about this change, as I haven’t updated any system with dependencies yet.
Will have a look at this as well!

I have never made such changes until now. Please let me know if the changes have worked.

As I won’t be updating any systems with dependencies(i rarely used) in the near future (2/3 weeks) you might have to wait :wink:

But you could disable your dependency configs for the update, make the update and then re-enable the configs and see what the config validation reports.

From my point of view, this looks ok.

apply Dependency "satellite-host" to Host {
  parent_host_name = host.zone

assign where host.zone != "" && "satellite-host" in host.templates
}

What is the easiest way to deactivate the dependencies again? Unfortunately, I have forgotten that.

I will deactivate them for now. I don’t have the time to look at it at the moment, but the servers need to be updated.

and then systemctl icinga2 reload

or if you are using the Director disable it int the objects config settings:
and then Deploy the configuration.

1 Like