Icinga2 Nagmap Reborn

Hey guys,

just a little question.

I want to add the module/plugin “Nagmap Reborn - v2.0.0”. Link:

GitHub - jocafamaka/nagmapReborn: Nagmap Reborn - Standalone integration with some server monitoring systems providing a user-friendly interface through geographic visualization.

It should be easy to integrate this one, into icinga2.
But I have to configure these two paths:

// Set these two lines - they are very important
    // In linux run `updatedb` and `locate nagios.cfg` and `locate status.dat` to find these files
    // They are usually placed in /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg and /usr/local/nagios/var/status.dat
    'cfg_file' => "x",
    'status_file' => "x",

Where I can find these two files? I just installed icinga2 + icingaweb2. But they show just the example directory of the nagios paths, but I dont own nagios?

Best regards,
phylipp!

There is no cfg anymore with Icinga 2 as it has its own configuration format, but depending on what is read from this file you could fake it perhaps.

Status file can still be enabled which is more or less compatible with the feature “statusdata” which uses a StatusDataWriter, but this is deprecated.

For maps I typically use maps which works great but is not standalone if you need this.

Ah okay, thanks for ur quick answer.

My idea is to create a map of my company to visible connections between switches in different buildings. :slight_smile:

So may I need something with “parent” attributes, that I can open this map and see on a failure, which switch behind switch x is also offline, when switch x is broken.

Ok, then it is not the map module what you are looking for. :frowning:

There is no solution for Icinga 2 to automatically visualize the dependencies as far as I know.

You could have a look into meerkat which is relative new and standalone or nagvis which can be integrated via a module but looks a bit old nowadays in my opinion. Both should be capable of what you want, but it will be some manual work.

Manual work is for the begin no problem!

I’ll use some scripts to import the “parents” attributes from another tool to my host/serviceses configs. :slight_smile:

But thanks anyway!