Icinga2 HA cluster active endpoint

Hi,

I’m deploying an Icinga2 HA cluster (master1 and master2) in an preproduction environment. My doubt is about active endpoint.

If stop master2, then master1 is the active endpoint. But if I restart master2, it became active endpoint always.

Is this the correct behavior?

My environment details:

• Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS.
  • Icinga2 (version: r2.9.1-1)

Thanks in advanced.

Hi,

yep, that’s a known and wanted behaviour. Each endpoint can elect the active zone endpoint without actually knowing much about the other one, except for being connected. It’s more of an internal algorithm, and you shouldn’t care much - the more important part is that on either side’s failure, your monitoring continues with checks and notifications. And that’s obviously the case :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Michael

Hi Michael.

Thanks for your response. And sorry for asking obvious things that appear in documentation. I have read almost all the documentation but it is evident that not with the tranquility that I needed. :pensive:

Regards
Jesús

1 Like

Hi,

no worries - while we strive to improve also the technical concepts in the docs, it always helps to ask and clear things up. Others will likely find your question via Google, and it then helps even more :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Michael

1 Like