Icinga2 customvars updating too slow after upgrade to 2.11.3

I have upgraded my Icinga2 2.8.4 to brand new 2.11.3, as described on the upgrade guide (https://icinga.com/docs/icinga2/latest/doc/16-upgrading-icinga-2/#custom-vars-not-updating).

Yet, some custom vars where NOT updating, so I stopped Icinga, truncated the icinga_customvariables and icinga_customvariablestatus, reducing their count from 782135 & 265511 respectively down to 0, 0.

After starting icinga2, I expected to see Icinga populate all the custom vars again, but one hour afterwards, the current count is 50, 50.

As a consequence, icingaweb2 fails to display customvars (not present in database), although icinga api shows them to be present on master, and icinga2-object-list shows them in master and each satellite of the involved zone.

Can you help with troubleshooting steps on why custom vars are not being updated on a faster pace than the one we currently have?

  • This, I have made:
    ++ general environment:
    CentOS 7.7.1908 : x86_64
    kernel : kernel version 3.10.0-1062.18.1.el7.x86_64

++ icinga2 object list -t Service -n service_name > yields all vars as defined on configuration files. applied both, on master zone and on each satellite on the involved zone
++ icinga2 api, object type-service vars -> all custom vars are returned by api
++ icinga2 db, tables .icinga_customvariables, .icinga_customvariablesstatus; values where there prior to update, and after truncation, only 50 vars have been created so far.

I had to add a custom var to each host , service ,command, user (via template) to force icinga2 repopulate the customvars, customvarstatus tables.