Icinga roadmap?

Hello there,
I was wondering if from time to time we could have a roadmap for icinga in terms of new/extended features ?

Thought i can get in github and see what is at work, it’s not super easy to read thought the commits and even less for long term goals.

Why i’m asking this ? because i find icinga is an awesome tool, and in my opinion, currently it’s only downside is clustering limited to two nodes due to a known bug (check this), i do know there cant be fixed deadlines in an opensource tool, and i’m not asking for it, but i would like to have an idea how high is it in your priorities.

Thought i feel concerned by limited ha feature issue, others may feel the same about others issues or may be seeking for a feature that may come to reality in icinga one day.

Hi,

Maybe in the video from the talk from @berk at the OSMC 2019 you get some information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx5UmNvEr2s

But as you know this year was a little bit difficult with Convid-19. So Icinga Conf and OSMC were canceld this year. It’s a pitty, because many of us were certainly very happy to learn new things there and to exchange ideas. :frowning:

In this thread you’ll find some information incl. Links to some information: Architecture at icinga (a little bit of criticism ...)

2 Likes

Hi @Someone,

a good starting point to read about what’s currently going on are the following two blog posts:

This may not be perfect, but it reflects the biggest topics we’re working on pretty well.

If a certain issue is not pinned to a milestone it usually means that there are no plans to build that feature right now. Of course you can discuss certain feature requests and questions directly on GitHub as well.

4 Likes

Thanks for the answers and links @bsheqa & @stevie-sy

1 Like