Icinga RHEL 7.7 Install

Dear Team,

I have installed and configured icinga2 on CentOS as a testing system. Although, when I install a production system I am facing dependency errors.

optional rpms for rhel7 have been enabled. Below is the error faced.

Error: Package: icinga2-bin-2.11.0-1.el7.icinga.x86_64 (icinga-stable-release)
Requires: libboost_context.so.1.69.0()(64bit)
Requires: libboost_program_options.so.1.69.0()(64bit)
Requires: libboost_date_time.so.1.69.0()(64bit)
Requires: libboost_regex.so.1.69.0()(64bit)
Requires: libboost_coroutine.so.1.69.0()(64bit)
Requires: libboost_thread.so.1.69.0()(64bit)
Requires: libboost_filesystem.so.1.69.0()(64bit)
Requires: libboost_system.so.1.69.0()(64bit)

Could someone let me know what needs to be done with respect to RHEL 7 install?

Regards,
Sanjeeth

https://icinga.com/docs/icinga2/latest/doc/16-upgrading-icinga-2/#added-boost-166
https://icinga.com/docs/icinga2/latest/doc/02-installation/#package-repositories-rhel-epel

Hi Micheal,

Thank you for the reply. I have tried these already but still the same.

yum list | grep epel
epel-release.noarch 7-11 installed

subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-7-server-optional-rpms
Repository ‘rhel-7-server-optional-rpms’ is enabled for this system.

Regards,
Sanjeeth

Hi,

I guess, you did a yum makecache to refresh the repository metadata cache already?

Cheers,
Michael

Yes Michael. That is right. Still couldn’t get the libraries to install though.

Regards,
Sanjeeth

Are you sure you are not mixing RHEL and CentOS packs, they are compatible like 99% of the time but that 1% can hurt you a lot.

When I try to upgrade it shows for my Centos:

boost169-chrono                                                            x86_64                                                   1.69.0-2.el7                                                           epel                                                                     17 k
 boost169-context                                                           x86_64                                                   1.69.0-2.el7                                                           epel                                                                     16 k
 boost169-coroutine                                                         x86_64                                                   1.69.0-2.el7                                                           epel                                                                     16 k
 boost169-date-time                                                         x86_64                                                   1.69.0-2.el7                                                           epel                                                                     21 k
 boost169-filesystem                                                        x86_64                                                   1.69.0-2.el7                                                           epel                                                                     41 k
 boost169-program-options                                                   x86_64                                                   1.69.0-2.el7                                                           epel                                                                    125 k
 boost169-regex                                                             x86_64                                                   1.69.0-2.el7                                                           epel                                                                    261 k
 boost169-system                                                            x86_64                                                   1.69.0-2.el7                                                           epel                                                                    7.5 k
 boost169-thread       

so you need to clean up you repos and cache and give it another try.

Cheers,
George

Hello George,

The CentOS is a test system which is fully functional as of now. This system that I am configuring now is a production system based on RHEL. So yes I am not mixing any packages. To be sure I ran the following commands again

yum update -y
yum clean packages
yum clean metadata
yum clean headers
yum clean all
yum autoremove

and renabled the repos for extra and optional rpms. Although the error still remains the same. Cannot install dependencies.

Regards,
Sanjeeth

Can you provide the result of yum repolist and yum search boost169 ?
Thanks

Sure. There you go.

yum repolist
Loaded plugins: product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager
repo id repo name status
icinga-stable-release/7Server ICINGA (stable release for epel) 576
rhel-7-server-extras-rpms/x86_64 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server - Extras (RPMs) 1,182
rhel-7-server-optional-rpms/7Server/x86_64 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server - Optional (RPMs) 19,198
rhel-7-server-rpms/7Server/x86_64 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server (RPMs) 26,313
repolist: 47,269

yum search boost169
Loaded plugins: product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager
Warning: No matches found for: boost169
No matches found

Regards,
Sanjeeth

Seems that EPEL repo is disabled, so try to enable it with subscription manager or manually and see how it goes.

Cheers,
George

Thank you George! I managed to install the dependencies after enabling the epel repo.

Regards,
Sanjeeth

2 Likes