Icinga-php-library 0.10.0-1.el7 is broken

Version 0.10.0-1.el7 (notably without “icinga”) of icinga-php-library appeared on Index of /centos/7/release/noarch/icinga-php-library yesterday. When installed, Icinga Web 2 breaks with:

Fatal error: Trait ‘ipl\I18n\Translation’ not found in /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/View.php on line 57

The installation path has moved from /usr/share/icinga-php (back) to /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules and now Icinga Web is unable to find it. I’ve checked that it’s the latest released version of Icinga Web (2.11.1-1.el7.icinga).

I figured I’d take a look at the Git history to see if there are any clues to why the path has changed, but the last released version appears to be 0.9.1-1?

Unless I’m mistaken about this being the RPM source repository? Does anyone have any insight about what’s happened here?

Symlinking is a functioning workaround:

ln -s /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/ipl /usr/share/icinga-php

Hi,

Thanks for the report! I have given the wrong path in the SPEC file. We are in the process of correcting that and releasing new packages. We will keep you updated.

All the best,
Eric

2 Likes

New packages uploaded. Please verify. I accidentally handled ipl as module. Now it’s installed as library again. You may have to disable the ipl module manually. I left that out on purpose.

2 Likes

Thanks! Verified to work as expected.

May I also suggest that you please create https://packages.icinga.com/redhat/ and use it to release packages for RHEL 8/9, Rocky Linux 8/9 and AlmaLinux 8/9?

CentOS 7 will reach end of life in 2024, and if possible I would like to move our Icinga to RHEL 9 this autumn.

sorry to bring up the bad news but right now you need paid subscription for downloading packages for RHEL 8/9

1 Like

Thanks! I had no idea about that. Might be a solution for my employer. (I’ve contacted sales.)

Sucks a bit though that my personal, private monitoring with about 10 checks will have to switch to Fedora or Ubuntu instead of using Rocky. Or possibly to Grafana.

Strange approach IMHO to make this dependent on OS rather that user. So a personal user with Rocky will have to pay, but not a large enterprise using Ubuntu.

There’s some misunderstanding I believe. RHEL != Rocky. It’s just that Icinga doesn’t provide packages for Rocky. Not even as part of subscriptions.

Well. Rocky (like Alma och previously CentOS Linux) is “100% bug-for-bug compatible with Enterprise Linux”. So packages for RHEL are certain to work on Rocky. That’s the whole idea.

1 Like

I think it would be great if we were to sponsor Icinga economically, but the asked repository subscription fee was unfortunately far higher than I can possibly make fly. So apparently we’ll be building our own RHEL-packages.

1 Like