Icinga_ido resource not found, help!

Hi,

I have installed icinga2 following the guides and everything seems to be working except I am seeing this error throughout the web dashboard (I have pasted at the end of this post)
I am struggling to find any reference to this issue. I can’t see any issues in the logs.
The feature list is
Disabled features: compatlog elasticsearch gelf graphite influxdb influxdb2 livestatus opentsdb perfdata statusdata syslog
Enabled features: api checker command debuglog icingadb ido-mysql mainlog notification

ido-mysql has all the tables that are in the schema file, and it is enabled and in the log it says that it is connecting. It’s using the user icinga2 on the database icinga2 and has all permissions.

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

`Cannot load resource config “icinga_ido”. Resource does not exist

#0 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/library/Monitoring/Backend/MonitoringBackend.php(208): Icinga\Data\ResourceFactory::getResourceConfig() #1 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/library/Monitoring/Backend/MonitoringBackend.php(287): Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Backend\MonitoringBackend->getResource() #2 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/library/Monitoring/DataView/DataView.php(55): Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Backend\MonitoringBackend->query() #3 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/library/Monitoring/Backend/MonitoringBackend.php(242): Icinga\Module\Monitoring\DataView\DataView->__construct() #4 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/application/controllers/ListController.php(85): Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Backend\MonitoringBackend->from() #5 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Action.php(507): Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Controllers\ListController->hostsAction() #6 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/Dispatcher.php(76): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch() #7 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Front.php(937): Icinga\Web\Controller\Dispatcher->dispatch() #8 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/Web.php(290): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch() #9 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/webrouter.php(105): Icinga\Application\Web->dispatch() #10 /usr/share/icingaweb2/public/index.php(4): require_once(String) #11 {main}`

Hi & welcome,

You should not enable icingadb and ido-mysql at the same time. You can only use one of them and the recommendation for new installation is icingadb.

Hi,

Thank you! I will disable the ido-mysql and figure my way from there.
I would like to monitor the status of a couple of replication slaves running on the MYSQL server, so I was thinking the ido-mysql was another module for that job.

You can use Icingadb and ido at the same time. My system currently runs on ido-postgres, ido-mysql and icingadb-mysql. but icingaweb works with only one ido, so i have to switch.

I think there is something wrong with your icingaweb2 config, but since you are not telling us what you installed or what guide you followed it is difficult to analyse the issue.
So if you start over using a current “guide” and installing icingadb this might solve your current issue but is not helping the cause that your config was broken

You’re looking for a check plugin which can be found in the ITL or here or here or here

Yes, but this does not make sense.

this icinga2 setup describes that both features are enabled. nobody knows why but here are some reason this setup could makes sense:

• You want to write history in icingadb and ido so you can change at the proper time to from the icingaweb2-module-monitoring to icingadb-web without depending on the migration tool.
  • you can switch between both worlds in icingaweb2 without any troubles.
  • you are using an old version of icingaweb2-module-grafana, which does not work on icingadb
  • you are using api endpoints in icingaweb2 which are not working in icingadb-web but were working fine under the monitoring module

Don’t get me wrong, I’m on your side that icingadb is the future and ido is officially deprecated.

But actually that got me thinking, Dragon Nz might need to disable the monitoring module in icingaweb2

In addition this thread might help understanding caused the issue:

To me this sounds like database connection called icinga_ido is not defined. Have you or some script deleted it by mistake?

Icinga DB and Monitoring may coexist. So do icingadb daemon and IDO.

Neither of these have anything to do with database monitoring plugins.