Icinga Director is not pushing to Icinga2 Server

• Director version (System - About):
  • Icinga Web 2 version and modules:2.11.4
  • Icinga 2 version: 2.13.2-1.el8
  • Operating System and version: Oracle Linux 8 and Docker
  • Webserver, PHP versions:7.4.33
  • Director 1.10.2

Hello All,

First time poster longtime user of the community of Icinga.

Right now, I am not able to get Director to push to Icinga2 server. The environment I am working on is unique and the Icinga2 configuration is a 3-headed hydra. IcingaWeb2 runs on a docker image with all the modules, Postgresql runs on a separate docker container with all needed DBs and Icinga2 runs on a virtual Oracle Linux machine. I know this sounds like I want to be a glutton for punishment, but this design is the best way forward to get compliance to run it. The OEL that is provided is hardened and access to repos is impossible. I have to manually move repos to make install and update. Docker is also required to touch a virtual server outside of its swarm.

IcingaWeb2 can see the endpoint and connect via the API with no issue. I also have successful connection to each of the resource DBs for ido, web2 and director. When I make ANY change in director and deploy director runs and shows deployment success. However, when I look into Overview or Hosts nothing has populated. After some community forum research, it seems that it’s possibly a director daemon configuration issue but I dont know where to look or configuration to change due to the split complexity.

Any assistance or insight the community can provide would be most helpful and thank you in advance for your time!

Chris

Disregard, I found out that my ido-pgsql.conf file had a completely commented out the database configuration. Problem is resolved!