Icinga Agent V.2.14.0 Constants.conf

Hello,

I wanted to test the new agent version 2.14.0 on my Windows host. I noticed that the agent no longer starts as soon as I edit the Constants.conf.

const CustomPluginDir 
const PluginContribDir

Are there any changes that explain this? I could not find any changes in the changelogs. The adjustment of the Constants.conf is relevant for my monitoring environment.

Best regards
David

I am currently looking at the issue again. Here’s what I found about the daemon check icinga2 daemon-C

:

information/cli: Icinga application loader (version: r2.14.0-1)
information/cli: Loading configuration file(s).
critical/config: Error: Constant must not be modified.

https://github.com/Icinga/icinga2/blob/bba6a76f4a0943212b7384f9be4d5105e8b92252/lib/base/namespace.cpp#L64

can you enable debug log and post it?

sorry for my late feedback

notice/Process: Running command 'C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe "& 'C:\ProgramData\icinga2\opt\monitoring\cluster-state.ps1'" -dl C ;exit $LASTEXITCODE': PID 2672
notice/CheckerComponent: Pending checkables: 0; Idle checkables: 0; Checks/s: 0
information/RemoteCheckQueue: items: 0, rate: 0/s (6/min 30/5min 90/15min);
notice/Process: PID 2672 ('C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe "& 'C:\ProgramData\icinga2\opt\monitoring\cluster-state.ps1'" -dl C ;exit $LASTEXITCODE') terminated with exit code 0**strong text**

Icinga Output:

Check command 'cluster-state' does not exist.

you have to define a checkcommand for you cluster-state.ps1 otherwise icinga cannot execute the command

I have found an error in the checkcommand definition. After I adjusted it, I was able to solve the problem.

Thanks!

David