How do I monitor the primary, and send alerts if the primary goes down, from a Satellite?

It appears that I have monitoring of the Master working properly on the Satellite now. Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, the Satellite is not sending notifications, even from the icingaweb2 interface when I “force” a test notification.

Here’s what I see in the icinga2.log file on the Satellite when I tried to send a test notification from the Secondary:

[2022-02-10 11:26:12 +0000] information/HttpServerConnection: Request: POST /v1/actions/send-custom-notification (from [::ffff:127.0.0.1]:47096), user: icingaweb2, agent: , status: OK).

When I run this same test, on the same object, from the Primary, the notification gets sent correctly.

Notification is an enabled feature on the Satellite:

root@icinga:/var/log/icinga2# icinga2 feature list
Disabled features: command compatlog debuglog elasticsearch gelf graphite icingadb influxdb influxdb2 livestatus opentsdb perfdata statusdata syslog
Enabled features: api checker ido-pgsql mainlog notification

I have reviewed Delegate notifications master/satellite - #5 by rsx, and I setup the following config file in my Satellite zone:

root@icinga:/etc/icinga2/zones.d/custom# cat satellite-notify.conf 
apply Notification "mail-from-satellite" to Service {
  import "mail-service-notification"
  user_groups = host.vars.notification.mail.groups
  users = host.vars.notification.mail.users
  assign where host.name == "master-host-BACKUP_MONITOR" && host.zone == "custom"
}

But that’s not working either.

So I’m not sure what I’m missing here.