How can the "Light" theme mode be enforced globally?

I don’t like the new default theme and i dont like the default theme mode ist dark. How can i enforce the “light” mode for every user and not only under accounts?

• Icinga Web 2 version 2.10
  • Used modules and their versions (System - About)
  • Web browser used: Firefox
  • Icinga 2 version used (icinga2 --version): 2.13.2
  • PHP version used (php --version): 7.4.28
  • Server operating system and version: Debian 11

You can’t. That only works for themes, not modes.

Ok. That’s really bad. Other modules that don’t have a dark/light mode look like crap.

The mode should definitely be globally configurable.

Icinga modules already have support for both modes. Director will get an update soon as well. If you have your own modules, you should invest time in adjusting these. (As described here)

If you have no time for this now, Icinga Web 2.10 is no mandatory upgrade, stay on 2.9.x then.

Specifically, I have a problem with the dark/light mode of the grafana module. I have set this to light. The graph is rendered white, even if Icinga is in dark mode, which just looks stupid. The problem is more with the module and grafana, but it’s still annoying. The light mode compensates for this a bit.

We also provided a patch for grafana: CSS: Improve theme mode compatibility by flourish86 · Pull Request #283 · Mikesch-mp/icingaweb2-module-grafana · GitHub

It’s already merged in the master, but there’s no release yet. Probably because the author is on vacation. (I read this somewhere else)

Thanks, looks good. As far as I can see it only fixes the menu, not the graph color itself, see Modules > grafana > Configuration >“Grafana Theme” = Dark or Light.

Of course this can’t be fixed by Icingaweb, but Dark or Light should be able to be set depending on the Theme Mode. So again the module author. :slight_smile: