How can I configure Icinga to send notifications to third-party services like ServiceNow?

I would like to configure icinga to send notifications to third-party services like ServiceNow. I have reviewed the documentation, but I’m unsure about the specific steps and configurations needed for these integrations

do you use icinga director or plain config files?

I can only see the ‘mail-host-notification’ and ‘mail-service-notification’ commands, but I am looking for a webhook or any out-of-the-box command to send notifications to a third-party service on the IcingWeb2 UI.

do you use icinga director or plain config files to manage icinga2?

you can write your own scripts or find existing ones on the net.
https://www.servicenow.com/community/itom-forum/how-to-integrate-icinga-and-servicenow/m-p/1004787

Currently, we have a pull connector that fetches events from Icinga periodically by hitting icinga’s REST endpoints. However, we are now planning to implement a push connector. For this, we are exploring options on the Icinga side, seeking a solution that allows Icinga to send notifications to ServiceNow REST endpoints whenever problem are created on the Icinga side. Similar to Icinga’s mail notification capability, we are looking for a webhook or another straightforward option for Icinga to send notifications to ServiceNow endpoints."

Hi,

My suggestion is to create a custom notification script and, from this script, generate notification templates and rules. You will need to create notification templates for hosts and services separately. We did a similar integration with python script.

More about working with notifications could be found in the docu.

KR,
J.

1 Like

I use the Teams notifier which utilizes webhook.

It’s sadly not well integrated with Icingaweb2 but I set it up to my liking with the Icingaweb2 director module.

Maybe you could fork that one, add nice documentation for non Icinga2 DSL natives and a director basket.

I also use a custom notification script which sends events from Icinga to SNOW event api. works well.