Graphite Module: PDF Export

Good morning everyone,

I just tried out the PDF export function in the Graphite module.
It is not really working, as the PDF file looks like this:

Afaik, after a quick research, the PDF export function is provided by Icinga Web 2 and there is some communication issue between the function and the module?!
At least that’s what I got out of reading this bug:

Can anyone share some insight into this?
Do I even missed something to configure and that’s why the graphs are not shown?

Best regards
:slight_smile:

Hi,

current versions of Icinga Web 2 still use dompdf as renderer, this might provide better insights in the (debug) log of what’s going wrong.

Which versions of the graphite module and Icinga Web 2 are involved here?

Cheers,
Michael

Icinga Web 2.6.3
Graphite 1.1.0 (git commit cb2a94397529f5a4b73d423fe89fabf2b0f064a6)

In which log file would if find the information?
/var/log/icingaweb2/icingaweb2.log is empty
The apache error log only shows errors for the previously missing php-mbstring package, which I have installed.

Yeah, typically that log location. Inside the Vagrant boxes with CentOS 7 this works like a charm, you’re likely using Debian/Ubuntu then right?

The error sources directly from dompdf, with using Icinga Web 2.6.3 I’d assume you’re just using what’s bundled - and not some external reference. Might be worthwhile to look into library/Icinga/File/Pdf.php and play around with its options, as this issue and this one suggest.

Cheers,
Michael

1 Like

yep :slight_smile:

Didn’t install anything extra for Dompdf or php, if you meant that :slight_smile:

No luck with
$dompdf->set_option('isRemoteEnabled', TRUE);
or
$options->set('isRemoteEnabled', true);
in /usr/share/php/Icinga/File/Pdf.php

Also tried setting the Backend IP in the Graphite module to the serves IP instead of localhost. Didn’t help either.

Log file is also still empty.

Also something interesting, I didn’t mention before:
The page is/looks misaligned